Explore This High Mountain Lake
Lake Winfield Scott is a quiet 18-acre lake situated high in the Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest. It was built by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930s, and features a sandy beach for swimming and a free-standing pier for fishing. You’ll find plenty of opportunities to swim, fish, boat, picnic, hike and camp. The recreation area also has 31 and a two-story rental cabin that accommodates up to 12 people.
- 2-story rental cabin for up to 12 people
- 31 sites for tent and RV camping, plus a group camping area
- Picnic tables, fire rings and grills
- Modern facilities with hot showers
- Day use area for swimming, fishing & boating
- Two picnic shelters, available by reservation
From Blairsville, take Hwy. 19/129 south about 9.2 miles.Turn right onto State Route 180 and go 6.8 miles. Turn left onto Lake Winfield Scott Road.